Thursday, March 20, 2008

A Good Time


Despite Justin's injury, this trip has been total fun. Joe's has a ton of great lines to offer every climber. Kevin, Wick, and Ryan each made ascents of Nerve Extension, an explosive connection to the hard Big Joe. Yesterday, to catch the evening sun, Justin, Ryan, Turtle and I made our way to New Joe's. Justin and I did Spam, a fun little line; later Ryan and I did the classic Pocket Rocket. Although, I think I let Justin down because I was unable ( but unwilling if you ask him) to do the dyno problem static. I am tall, just not that tall.






Justin Staying Strong on Save Yourself.


The other day Kevin took us up to the Wills of Fire Boulder, where Justin fired both Call Him Jordan and Wills of Fire. This boulder is a perfect example as to why Joe's is such a special place. The rock is perfect to the touch and the eye.






Wick getting through the crux of Big Joe, and on into Nerve Connection.




Ryan avoiding the look of a beach whale, on the top of Save Yourself.




My dear friend Vicki told me that I must do the Angler. She was right. The line is perfect, up a sloping rail towards a beautiful emerald pond.




As the days pass, and our time slowly runs out I am rejuvenated for society, and more climbing.

The Rest of the Crew



Turtle
Bran

PS. Sorry, this post should have gone out three days ago, apperently Kevin only likes to save pictures of himself.



Kevin already has this one of himself on They Call Him Jordan.


6 comments:

Justin said...

Kevin and his ego...sheesh!

Kevin said...

I love that all the blogs that I read are out to get me.

Justin said...

The truth is that once I got hurt everyone stopped having a good time.

J V said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
J V said...

Weren't people not having a good time once Kevin decided to go? That was the word on the street.

The Guy Known As Fish said...

as for your trip and the pictures....wow.