Monday, December 8, 2008

Dam Zebra


The weekend was packed with festivities. Friday Crank’N the Series started, Saturday the Homecoming game and dance (a 15 hour work week), but Sunday, oh Sunday. Early Sunday morning Gus and I headed down to the Valley with one goal in mind; Prowess. Upon arrival we headed over to Swan Slab for the warm-up. A few of us climbed this awesome 5.6 slab. Afterward the crazies did this dirty, sketchy, and mantel-happy highball; inspiring, but still a little crazy.

Post warm-up a few of us headed to Dogwood to cheer and spot Justin. In between burns Randy, Patty, and I took it upon ourselves to level out the horizontal pillar for all future loved ones to come, enjoy the view, cuddle, and sit PERFECTLY level.

After the Dogwood session, Justin came to the horror show that was my attempts on Prowess. Although I made some progress on the problem, reaching a new high point, getting as far as I did, I should have sent!!!! As much as I would hate to admit it, El Zebra reared his head, and as my feet once again flew toward the earth it was too late for the lion to roar.

Here’s to next weekend, sun or snow, I’ll be there!

Peter

5 comments:

Justin said...

First of all, if you are working a 15 hour work week you're doing well for yourself. Second, your name is Le Zebra (a pussy french pony not a spanish stallion). Third, you did make good progress and will surely send once your balls drop and you've posted twice now in a single moon cycle.

Kevin said...

I heard it went really well until Le Zebra decided she was to high off the ground and wanted to come down. We'll all be psyched to see the send soon and the improved tiger face.

J V said...

Peter, stay tough. Practice in the mirror.

shannon said...

I missed the whole Zebra analogy.

Justin said...

How much things change in less than a week. "Sun or snow," has quickly changed to "my Yosemite season is over." Weak.