Sunday, June 29, 2008

Someone's Got to Work, Just Not Me!

The summer has gotten off to a great start! Since truly being done with school responsibilities I have been to the coast, Donner, the Valley and South Lake. Not bad for only seven days. When I was in my youth I would always seemingly let summer run by me. I would get up late watch “Saved By the Bell,” eat ice cream and conjure up deals with my sister to make chocolate chip cookies daily. These days I have been trying to live up to my commitment to my own sanity. Many say that teachers have it so easy, always pointing to the fact that we get all this time off. Well, without these six weeks off in the summer you probably would be reading a news article of the teacher on trial for killing his students, rather than this pathetic excuse for a blog. But alas, you are! In the last week I have found awesome boulders at the coast, my project still within my reach, the valley climbable until 3am, it fun to climb until your tips resemble ground-chuck, and tons of great information in my puppy parenting books.

Here is to five more weeks!
Peter, Self-Sponsored Athlete

Justin Trying to Stay Awake at Fort Ross


3am in the Valley



Below Vicki Using Stave's Beta


5 comments:

Julie said...

Fantastic pic of Vicki. And cool send Saturday by you - it got me amped for summer bouldering!

Vicki said...

Thanks for the beta, Stave!!!

shannon said...

i want dog photos!!

Julie said...

Yeah! C'mon where are the puppy pics? I know you had time Wednesday night since you blew off our Midnight Train session! ;-)

Christine Coit said...

Puppy pics? You have a rather nice camera with which to use...